100 Cambridge Street
Boston, MA 02114
Smart legislative strategies for successful business outcomes.
Charlie Ahern is a lobbyist at Murphy Donoghue Partners, where he helps a wide variety of businesses and organizations manage relations with local and State Government. Charlie has supported clients in the financial services, environment, healthcare, real estate, technology, and pharmaceutical industries with matters related to appropriations and funding, coalition building, ethics and campaign finance policies, and healthcare reform. He also assists with grassroots efforts, issues research and drafting, public policy, and business strategy.
Charlie previously served as a legislative aide for State Representative Kevin Honan. He expects to graduate Suffolk University Law School in 2017. He holds a bachelor’s degree in Political Science from Boston College.
Murphy Donoghue Partners, Assistant, 2013 - Present
Office of Representative Kevin Honan, Legislative Aide, 2012-2014
Suffolk University Law School, J.D., expected 2017
Boston College, B.A. 2011
Appropriations & funding, Business strategies, Coalition building, Ethics & campaign finance counsel, Government relations, Grassroots, Healthcare reform, Issues research & drafting, Public policy, State & local advocacy
Environmental, Financial services, Healthcare, Pharmaceutical, Real estate, Technology
- worked to secure funds in an economic development bill for the redevelopment of Brownfields sites.
- assisted in obtaining an exception for financial service firms for a law prohibiting employers from demanding access to applicants’ social media accounts.
- aided in passing a budget amendment that ensured greater transparency in health care contracts.
- advised client during promulgation of employment regulations regarding temporary workers’ right to know.
- worked on an act to ensure patients’ protection